General thoughts and ideas.

 I have three portfolios with different profiles. This allows me to use different strategies and see how it all works out. The last couple of years has been very good which is nice since it makes for a nice and easy start.


1    Retirement fund at Nordnet. I want mostly very stable companies here. My goal is to gain 15 % per year over time. 2021 so far is at 40 % + but I think this will be an exception. 

2    My general investment portfolio at Nordnet. A bit of middle of the road. Index funds, stable companies and growth companies in an ever changing mix. This is where most of my money is.

3    Avanza is for experimentation and is a lot smaller than either of the other two portfolios. Currently I am trying out a new strategy with a composite screener. First trial run was positive with index gains of around 2 % during the first run and portfolio achieving 10 %.

I will in this document try to document my attempts at investing on the stock market. I have no financial background, I am an engineer. If you follow any ideas I will write about here you are an even bigger fool than I am. I am mostly starting to write this for my own sake. It helps me keep my thoughts straight and give a bit of structure to the chaos. I have had an interest in the stock market for a long time but have been largely inactive since I lost a LOT of money in the millenium crash. I will try to learn from my former mistakes this time around. I will start with a small amount and see how it goes.


My basic idea for this is to only invest in stable companies that have a proven ability to make money and maintain a profitable business. Filtering on fundamentals will give me a short list for this. I will use technical analysis to determine the timing for buying and selling from this short list. Due to bot trading and artificial delays on the stock market quotes I will not bother with intra day trading until I get silly rich and can afford the monthly fees.


This is not exactly rocket science which means that either a lot of people are already doing it or it is proven to not work.



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg